Sales Development Representative
Dec 8, 2020
Nexmed Healthcare Solutions is a medtech company focusing on 4IR enabled healthcare solutions for the improvement and advancement of patient care and clinical outcomes.
Nexmed was founded in 2019 with the primary objective of creating a healthier world through innovative solutions spanning the full healthcare eco-system. We do this by providing disruptive innovation and technologies to our customers.
Our motto is “caring through innovation” which speaks of a vested interest at every level of the organization to constantly pioneer, enhance and co-create improved technologies that demonstrate our personal care for every life that we encounter.
We understand that the key to our growth and expansion is a high-performing sales team. We therefore seek to employ a qualified Sales Development Representative (SDR) to find and qualify potential customers that will benefit from our products and services.
As the first line of communication with our prospective customers, you should have excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills. You should also demonstrate the ability to meet deadlines and have strong analytical and mathematical skills. As a solutions provider, you must demonstrate your ability to identify customer needs, and promote our solutions.
You will have a strong understanding of the sales process, excelling at researching leads, starting new relationships, and setting our sales team up for success. You should be a quick learner and rely on proven sales methodologies to showcase our offerings in a compelling way.
This individual will be seen as an expert in their field, showing significant ability to enter and saturate new markets.
NOTE: This position will be Cape Town based and will cover our full product portfolio across South Africa.
- Represent our company’s products and services, starting with a comprehensive understanding and leading to consumer research to identify how our solutions meet needs.
- Develop a sales strategy to draw in potential buyers or to find new potential customers.
- Initiate contact with potential customers utilizing various resources i.e. CRM, social medial platforms, cold calling, to generate new sales opportunities.
- Generate leads by nurturing warm prospects and finding potential customers.
- Build long-term trusting relationships with prospects to qualify leads as sales opportunities.
- Identifying the customers potential needs and qualify their interests and viability to drive sales.
- Manage and maintain a sales pipeline of interested prospects, moving solid leads through the marketing funnel and connecting them to the sales executives.
- Work closely with Marketing to capture inbound marketing leads and qualify said leads.
- Arrange in-person meetings, emails, or phone calls between prospective customers and sales executives.
- Following-up with potential customers who expressed interest but did not purchase any products or services.
- Performing regular follow-up calls or emails and facilitating communication with existing customers to ensure their satisfaction and identify new potential needs.
- Proactively seek new business opportunities in the market.
- Meet or exceed sales forecasts through passing on highly qualified leads to the Sales Executives.
- Collaborate with sales executives to ensure the company’s goals and targets are met.
- Identify best practices to refine the company’s lead generation playbook.
- Report to CEO with weekly, monthly, and quarterly results on all activities in customer accounts, prevailing or changing business trends, customer complaints, and competitor activity.
- Ensure all customer interactions are logged in the CRM, and records kept up to date containing relevant information.
- Work with a cross-functional team to develop and execute a marketing plan based on customer needs.
- Promote and establish education on our products and devices.
- Conduct all business with customers and potential customers in a manner that adheres to ethics & compliance guidelines as set out in the SAMED Medical Device Code of Ethical Marketing and Business Practice.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing or business.
- Minimum 4 years of sales experience, with a proven history of exceeding lead targets.
- An thorough understanding of lead generation, qualification, and pipeline management.
- Previous sales experience in both healthcare and the commercial sector would be advantageous.
- Existing relationships with key customers will be an advantage.
- Additional course work in sales techniques and marketing would be advantageous.
INHERENT JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to be a positive role model for our brand whilst demonstrating the highest level of professionalism in line with our corporate ethos.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet targets and deadlines consistently.
- Must possess strategic prospecting skills.
- Must be highly organized with an enthusiastic and engaging attitude.
- Must have very strong negotiation skills whilst maintaining the utmost level of respect and decorum.
- Must be customer service focused with the ability to identify problems and promote our solutions.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to effectively perform client situational analysis to create conversion plans.
- High computer proficiency required, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as well as CRM software i.e. Salesforce.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communications skills to articulate complex problems in a simplified way and report on them.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret various documents such as reports, technical specifications and regulations.
- Ability to write reports, create presentations and provide business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, internal and external stakeholders, and various other support teams.
- Must have a high level of business acumen with the ability to think and act from a “best for business” perspective.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 31 May 2021