Technical Support Specialist
Feb 15, 2021
Nexmed Healthcare Solutions is a medtech company focusing on 4IR enabled healthcare solutions for the improvement and advancement of patient care and clinical outcomes.
Nexmed was founded in 2019 with the primary objective of creating a healthier world through innovative solutions spanning the full healthcare eco-system. We do this by providing disruptive innovation and technologies to our customers.
Our motto is “caring through innovation” which speaks of a vested interest at every level of the organization to constantly pioneer, enhance and co-create improved technologies that demonstrate our personal care for every life that we encounter.
We understand that the key to our growth and expansion is a customer centric support team. We therefore seek to employ a qualified Technical Support Specialist to provide superior assistance to our external client base on primarily one main healthcare software solution. This position plays a critical role within our customer support centre by diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving application questions and issues, providing education to clients on functions and features while working with them, and properly escalating potential problems as needed.
In this role you will provide customer training and product installation of the healthcare software solution on site and remotely.
As the professional facing the customer, you should have excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills with the ability to meet deadlines and targets. The ideal candidate will be seen as an expert in their field, showing good, ethical customer centric support, with the aim of reducing business interruptions and maintaining the customer’s confidence in our platform coupled with an enhanced user experience.
NOTE: This position will be Cape Town based and will cover our full product portfolio across South Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Represent our company’s products and services, starting with a comprehensive understanding and leading to consumer research to identify how our solutions meet needs.
- Provide assistance to our external customer base via phone, e-mail, and our client portal website on primarily one main healthcare software solution or on healthcare devices and device software.
- Perform remote dial-in support to customers as needed.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve application/device questions and potential issues.
- Provide initial onsite training to customers to ensure proficiency in the use of our platform.
- Provide ongoing education to customers on updates, functions and features while working with them so they can become more self-sufficient.
- Enquires to understand and confirm the customer needs through effective engagement.
- Properly escalate potential problems as needed to next tier, leadership, external support etc.
- Clearly and concisely document all correspondence and activities related to tickets in client tracking software.
- Provide timely and professional customer service.
- Respond to the customers requests and resolve complaints in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Monitor key market trends and competitive market data to keep management informed of any developments or changes.
- Stay current with trends and competitors to identify improvements or recommend new products.
- Recognize and understand competitive products, features and strengths in relation to our products and services.
- Report to CEO with weekly, monthly, and quarterly results on all activities in customer accounts, prevailing or changing business trends, customer complaints, and competitor activity.
- Ensure maximum coverage of all accounts within your territory to maintain an optimum level of customer support.
- Adhere to financial, regulatory, and quality compliance standards and requirements.
- Manage budget and expenses in line with company policies and profit maximization.
- Conducts all business with customers and potential customers in a manner that adheres to ethics & compliance guidelines as set out in the SAMED Medical Device Code of Ethical Marketing and Business Practice.
- Must develop and maintain comprehensive technical/clinical knowledge and capabilities.
- Ensure all customer interactions are logged in the CRM, and records kept up to date containing relevant information.
- Work with a cross-functional team to develop and execute a marketing plan based on customer needs.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in IT or Engineering related field.
- Minimum 2 years technical support experience within a medical setting.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a field engineer capacity within a medical setting.
- Minimum 2 year’s customer services / call centre management experience.
- A thorough understanding of hardware and software support is essential.
INHERENT JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to be a positive role model for our brand whilst demonstrating the highest level of professionalism in line with our corporate ethos.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet targets and deadlines consistently.
- Must be highly organized with an enthusiastic and engaging attitude.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently & drive results.
- Must be self-motivated and goal-oriented and demonstrate the ability to work independently and deliver results.
- Must be willing to travel with some overnight stays potentially required.
- Ability to teach & educate medical personnel, peers & technical support personnel.
- Sound ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical users.
- Ability to grasp the use of technology and related software.
- High level of aptitude for learning complex hardware/software solutions.
- Strong and creative troubleshooting, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Must be customer service focused with the ability to identify problems and promote our solutions.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- High computer proficiency required, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as well as CRM software i.e. Salesforce and applications relative to our products and services.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communications skills to articulate complex problems in a simplified way and report on them.
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret various documents such as reports, technical specifications, and regulations.
- Ability to write reports, create presentations and provide business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, internal and external stakeholders, and various other support teams.
- Must have a high level of business acumen with the ability to think and act from a “best for business” perspective.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 31 May 2021