Business Development Representative
Dec 17, 2020
Nexmed Healthcare Solutions is a medtech company focusing on 4IR enabled healthcare solutions for the improvement and advancement of patient care and clinical outcomes.
Nexmed was founded in 2019 with the primary objective of creating a healthier world through innovative solutions spanning the full healthcare eco-system. We do this by providing disruptive innovation and technologies to our customers.
Our motto is “caring through innovation” which speaks of a vested interest at every level of the organization to constantly pioneer, enhance and co-create improved technologies that demonstrate our personal care for every life that we encounter.
We understand that the key to our growth and expansion is a high-performing sales team. We therefore seek to employ a qualified Business Development Representative to grow our partnership base within the Sub-Saharan Africa region. In this role, you will act as the “conduit” between our sales business partners and our company. Your role will be to seek new sales business partners by researching well established companies that show synergies with our company’s vision, mission, and values. These companies will represent us, our brands, and our partners brands within the SSA region. Your selection should show your understanding of primary emerging markets and saturation should be dependent on this. You will also be involved in active selling into these regions.
You will use your communication skills and interpersonal skills to cultivate strong, ethical, business relationships with sales business partners, from first contact until you close the deal and beyond. You will be responsible for the overall performance of each sales business partner and should therefore show your ability to influence and meet deadlines and targets.
NOTE: This position will be Cape Town based and will cover our full product portfolio across South Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Represent our company’s products and services, starting with a comprehensive understanding and leading to consumer research to identify how our solutions meet needs.
- Full accountability for the achievement of sales objectives and targets for SSA.
- Develop and execute accurate and on-going sales plans with sales business partners to achieve and exceed sales objectives and targets.
- Maintain and consistently grow market share across products and services in SSA.
- Enquires to understand and confirm the sales business partners needs through effective engagement and overcomes objections.
- Plan and implement effective sales/product presentations to sales business partners as well as demonstrations and training.
- Build and maintain productive, trusting relationships with sales business partners, their customers, and their staff to drive product adoption.
- Timely and professional customer service, including troubleshooting and product education.
- Respond to the sales business partners requests and resolve complaints in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Represent our company and products at industry conferences and trade shows to maximize potential and gain sales leads.
- Participate in joint visits to the end customer with the sales business partners.
- Monitor key market trends and competitive market data to keep management informed of any developments or changes. Develop and implement strategies to counter competitors.
- Stay current with trends and competitors to identify improvements or recommend new products.
- Recognize and understand competitive products, features and strengths in relation to our products and services.
- Report to CEO with weekly, monthly, and quarterly results on all activities in customer accounts, prevailing or changing business trends, customer complaints, and competitor activity.
- Ensure maximum coverage of all accounts within your territory to maintain an optimum level of exposure.
- Adhere to financial, regulatory, and quality compliance standards and requirements.
- Manage budget and expenses in line with company policies and profit maximization.
- Conducts all business with customers and potential customers in a manner that adheres to ethics & compliance guidelines as set out in the SAMED Medical Device Code of Ethical Marketing and Business Practice.
- Must develop and maintain comprehensive technical/clinical knowledge and capabilities.
- Collaborate with local sales team to ensure the company’s goals and targets are met.
- Ensure all customer interactions are logged in the CRM, and records kept up to date containing relevant information.
- Work with a cross-functional team to develop and execute a marketing plan based on customer needs.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing or business.
- Minimum 6 years of sales experience in a similar role, with a proven history of successful conversions, as well as exceeding sales objectives and targets consistently.
- Previous experience in long cycle capital equipment sales would be advantageous.
- Previous sales experience in both healthcare and the commercial sector would be advantageous.
- Existing relationships with key customers will be an advantage.
- Additional course work in sales techniques and marketing would be advantageous.
- Business planning and financial planning abilities, i.e. presentations, budgets, reports.
INHERENT JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to be a positive role model for our brand whilst demonstrating the highest level of professionalism in line with our corporate ethos.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet targets and deadlines consistently.
- Must possess strategic closing skills.
- Must be highly organized with an enthusiastic and engaging attitude.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently & drive results.
- Must be self-motivated and goal-oriented and demonstrate the ability to work independently and deliver results.
- Must be willing to travel with some overnight stays potentially required.
- Ability to teach & educate medical personnel, peers & technical support personnel.
- Ability to grasp the use of technology, software and robotics.
- Must have very strong negotiation skills whilst maintaining the utmost level of respect and decorum.
- Must be customer service focused with the ability to identify problems and promote our solutions.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- High computer proficiency required, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook as well as CRM software i.e. Salesforce and applications relative to our products and services.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communications skills to articulate complex problems in a simplified way and report on them.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret various documents such as reports, technical specifications and regulations.
- Ability to write reports, create presentations and provide business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from customers, internal and external stakeholders, and various other support teams.
- Must have a high level of business acumen with the ability to think and act from a “best for business” perspective.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 31 May 2021